Ms. Ricciani is a strong litigator who has represented clients in State and Federal Courts in both civil and criminal matters.Prior to attending Law School, Ms. Ricciani earned a Master's Degree in Public Administration, with a concentration in Health Care Policy and Administration. After working in the health care industry for several years, in acute care hospitals and in the health insurance field, she returned to school to pursue a law degree.After working at the Greenwald Law Offices for several years, she and Ms. Jose-Decker, who was also working at Greenwald, formed the partnership of Ricciani & Jose, LLP and established their practice in Sullivan County.Ms. Ricciani is also active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors of the Catskill Regional Medical Center, the Dispute Resolution Center, and the Monticello Rotary Club. She frequently volunteers her time for fundraising activities for these organizations and others.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Landord - Tenant
- Matrimonial Law
- Municipal Law
- New York, 1995
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2004
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- People v. Tangney, 306 A.D.2d 360, 2003, 2d. Dep't.
- U.S. v. Williams, 372 F.3d 96, 2004, 2d. Circuit
- Berweger v. Orange, 121 F. Supp. 2d. 334, 2000, SDNY
- People v. Robar, 29 Misc.3d 625, 2011, Sullivan County
- United States v. Williams, 372 F.3d 96, 2001, 2d Cir.
- People v. Stanton, 21 A.D.3d 576, 2005, 3d Dept.
- Hanson v. Town of Wallkill, 270 A.D.2d 390, 2000, 2d Dept.
- People v. Hasenflue, 169 Misc.2d 766, 1996, Ulster S Court
- Robar v. LaBuda, 2011 WL 1584842, 2011, Sullivan Co. Ct.
- People v. White, 310 Misc.3d 1219(A), 2011, Sullivan Co. Ct.
- People v. Robar, 29 Misc.3d 693, 2011, Sullivan Co. Ct.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women's Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, Member, Past President 2002-2003
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Member, Co-Chair Criminal Law Committee, 2011-2011
- Sullivan County Bar Association, Director, 2007 to Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Monticello Rotary Club, Director, 2006 to Present
- Catskill Regional Medical Center, Director, 2007 to Present
- Dispute Resolution Center, Director, 2009 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Greenwald Law Offices, Senior Attorney, 1995 to 2004
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, 1988 to 1990