E. Danielle Jose-Decker, Esq.
Ms. Jose-Decker is a strong advocate who provides sound advice and support for clients facing difficult choices. In addition, Ms. Jose-Decker has a well-rounded background in her community. Ms. Jose-Decker is currently a Trustee and a Past Exalted Ruler of Monticello Elks Lodge #1544 ('07-'08), Past-President of the Monticello Rotary ('10-' 11), President of the Sullivan County Bar Association, and an Adjunct Professor at SUNY Sullivan, teaching Business Law I and II. On the state level, Ms. Jose-Decker is currently a member of the Law Practice Management Committee of the New York State Bar Association, has served as a board member for the New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence and is a past regional representative for Governor Pataki's New York State Division for Women.
A native of Saratoga County, Ms. Jose-Decker is also an outdoors enthusiast who enjoys hiking in the Catskills and Adirondacks as well as recreational water activities here in the Hudson Valley.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce - Including Complicated Valuation and Equitable Distribution
- Family - Custody, Adoption, Family Offenses, Child and Spousal Support
- Criminal Defense
- General Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning - Wills
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- New York, 2000
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- Major: Concentration in Criminal Law
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, New York
- Major: Secondary Education - English
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
- 27 North Street, LLC v. Village of Monticello, 875 NYS 2d.630, 2009, NYAd - 3rd Dept.
- Lounsbury v. Lounsbury, 845 NYS 2d. 470, 2007, NYAD - 3rd Dept.
- Mountain Pacific Realty, LLC v. Village of Monticello Bd. of Trustees, 18 Misc.3d 1108 (A), 856 N.Y.S.2d 25, 2007, N.Y.Sup.
- People v. Greene, 189 Misc.2d 276, 730 N.Y.S.2d 697, 2001, N.Y. Co. Ct.
- People v. Lindsey, 283 A.D.2d 782, 782 N.Y.S.2d 201, 2001, N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept.
- People v. Hickey, 277 A.D.2d 511, 714 N.Y.S.2d 821, 2000, N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept.
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law I and II, SUNY Sullivan, 2011 to Present
Honors and Awards
- Partner in Justice Award - Pro Bono Legal Service - Hudson Valley Legal Services, 2005 - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sullivan County Bar Association, President, 2011 to 2012
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Law Practice Management Committee, 2008 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Village of Monticello, Village Attorney, 2004 to 2008
- Greenwald Law Offices, Senior Associate
- Sullivan County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Legal Services for Domestic Violence Victims - Hudson Valley Legal Services, 2005 to Present